An Arkansas felony is any crime that is punishable by incarceration in a state prison (Misdemeanors are only punishable by time in local jails.) If you have been charged with a felony in Arkansas, you need to contact a criminal defense attorney immediately because you may face serious jail time, as shown below.

Arkansas divides felonies up into several classes: Class Y Felonies, Class A Felonies, Class B Felonies, Class C Felonies, or Class D Felonies. There are also “unclassified felonies,” which are unclassified because the particular law will tell you your punishment.

Class Y Felony carries a minimum sentence of ten years, but no more than forty years or life. Examples include murder, rape, arson, and kidnapping

Class A Felony carries a minimum sentence of six years, but no more than thirty years. Examples include aggravated robbery, human trafficking, and many sex and drug crimes.

Class B Felony carries a minimum sentence of five years, but no more than twenty years. These crimes include burglary, theft of property and forgery

Class C Felony carries a minimum sentence of three years, but no more than ten years. Common offenses include receiving stolen property, vandalism, failure to appear, financial identity fraud, and intimidating a witness

Class D Felony carries a maximum sentence of six years. Examples include aggravated assault, breaking and entering, cruelty to animals, and defacing a firearm.

A felony charge is serious; a felony conviction will affect the rest of your life. If you’ve been charged with a felony (or even if you think you’ll be charged), please contact us to make sure that someone is there to protect your rights.

Felonies Blog

Property Tax Sales in Arkansas

Tax sales are a special type of foreclosure sale that are conducted by the State to recover delinquent property taxes. Buying tax delinquent property in Arkansas has become an increasingly popular investment opportunity with many investors and even some individuals looking to purchase a home because the properties typically sell for pennies on the dollar…

Dec 11 2020


Owe money for Unemployment Overpayment?

I Owe Money for Unemployment Overpayment! During times of difficulty, while we are bombarded by the stresses of keeping the lights on and food on the table, we often do not pay as much attention as we should to the forms we are completing.  This can happen when applying for unemployment.  Perhaps you were able…

Sep 10 2020


Can I take off from work if I or a family member gets the coronavirus?

If you or a family member have the coronavirus, there is a federal law called the Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)  that allows a qualified employee to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave within a 12-month period if they or an immediate family member requires care for a “serious health condition.” The…

Aug 14 2020


How to Get Driver’s License Back After Losing It Due to Money Owed From an Accident 

How to Get Driver’s License Back After Losing It Due to Money Owed From an Accident  Accidents happen to everyone, and sometimes one accident can grow into several problems. This is especially true of car accidents. In addition to loss of the use of your car as well as the aggravation and cost of getting it repaired, you may also have to…

Jul 31 2020